Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms have the following meanings:
“Cookie” - means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of our website and/or when you use certain features of our website. Details of the Cookies used by our website are below:
- “our website” - means this website, https://vidalico.com, and any subdomains on the vidalico.com domain, for example, about/vidalico.com
- “EU Cookie Law” - means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015; and
- “GDPR” - means EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)
- “We/Us/Our”- means Vidalico Digital, a proprietary limited company registered in Helsinki, Finland.
Scope – What Does This Policy Cover?
The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained below 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner.
The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to raise any concerns or have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your country’s Data Protection Authority.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
- Some data will be collected automatically by Our website.
- Data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it, for example, when signing up to additional meetings, blogs, webinars, training courses, and events and interacting with our website.
- Ordinarily, email communication will develop, and any further information from you will be collected via forms, meeting request tools, or live chat on Our website.
What Data Do We Collect?
Vidalico does not receive, use or collect personally identifiable information, such as names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses, except under the following circumstances:
1.DATA COLLECTED FROM CUSTOMERS AND RESPONDENTS
When Vidalico surveys customers on behalf of its clients, it may receive customers’ personally identifiable information from its clients. These contact details are only used for the purposes specified in the contract. From time to time Vidalico may collect personally identifiable information during a survey if requested to do so by a client. This personally identifiable information will be shared with the client and will be used as described in that survey.
Vidalico may, with the written consent of its clients, ask questions of customers for whom it has received personally identifiable information, and use those responses in an aggregated form for business purposes. Before the user responses are stripped of personally identifying or client-identifying information and aggregated.
When collecting data from survey respondents, Vidalico does not collect any sensitive information such as social security numbers or health information. Vidalico does not seek to collect any information from or engage in any transactions with persons under the legal age in their respective country.
Where consent from you to the processing of personal data is required under the applicable law, such consent will be obtained by an appropriate mechanism such as ticking a box stating your consent, choosing technical settings for a service or website, or other statement or conduct clearly indicating your acceptance to the processing, depending on the product, website, service or application you are using.
2. DATA COLLECTED FROM CLIENTS AND PROSPECTS
Provision of products and services. We may process and use your personal data to provide you the product or service you have requested, fulfill your other requests, process your order or as otherwise may be necessary to perform or enforce the contract between you, your employer organization, and Vidalico. We may also process and use your personal data to ensure the functionality and security of our products and services, to identify you, and to prevent and detect fraud and other misuses.
Development of products and services. We may process and use your personal data to develop our products and/or services. However, for the most part, we only use aggregate and statistical information in the development of our products and services, and not data directly identifiable to you. We may also process and use your personal data to personalize our offerings and to provide you with services more relevant to you, for example, to make recommendations and display customized content and advertising.
Communicating with you and marketing. We may process and use your personal data to communicate with you, for example, to provide information relating to our products and/or services you are using or to contact you for customer satisfaction queries. We may process and use your personal data for marketing. Marketing purposes may include using your personal data for personalized marketing or research purposes in accordance with applicable laws, for example, to conduct market research and to communicate our products, services, or promotions to you via our own or third parties’ electronic or other services.
Profiling. We may process and use your personal data for profiling for such purposes as targeted direct marketing and improvement of our products or services. We may also create aggregate and statistical information based on your personal data. Profiling includes automated processing of your personal data for evaluating, analyzing, or predicting your personal preferences or interests in order to, for example, send you marketing messages concerning products or services best suitable for you.
Vidalico processes your personal data for the purposes described below. Please note that one or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
How Do We Use Your Data?
We use your data to provide the best possible services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your access to Our website;
- Personalizing and tailoring your experience on Our website;
- Supplying Our services to you;
- Personalizing and tailoring Our services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email news and event information that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt out at any time through the emails you receive from us);
- Market research;
- Analyzing your use of Our website and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve Our website and your user experience;
- With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and/or telephone, and/or text message and/or post with information on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights.
How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
Our principle systems for storing and securing your data are:
Your data is processed by our data processor, HubSpot. The core HubSpot products are currently hosted in U.S.-based data centers and HubSpot's service is Privacy Shield certified. See the HubSpot Data Processing Agreement here: https://legal.hubspot.com/dpa
We use Google G-Suite for email, contacts, calendar, chat, and Google Drive. Vidalico implements G-Suite Domain protection which prevents the sharing of Google Drive folders and files outside of vidalico.com and warns before allowing any non-vidalico.com user to be invited to a meeting or chat.
We rely on the security data backup facilities within HubSpot and Google G-Suite and as such, We do not download and hold our own offsite backups of your data.
You are deemed to accept and agree to Our methods of storing and securing your data by using Our website and submitting information to Us. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within Finland under the Data Privacy Act. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage.
Data security is of great importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through our website.
Our website implements and enforces the use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for Secure http (https) transfer of information between your device and Our website.
Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
Do We Share Your Data?
- If You are an Agency representative and we have been provided with the name of your HubSpot representative, We may share your data with your HubSpot representative for the purposes of highlighting your progress. The lawful grounds for this is our legitimate interest to partner for your success as a HubSpot Agency.
- We may sometimes utilize third parties software and services in order to deliver Our services to you These may include additional software tools for search engine optimization, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our website including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, and other information. All such data will be anonymized and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
What Happens If Our Business Changes Hands?
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit information via our website, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to choose which email subscription types you wish to receive and by unsubscribing to further emails using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details and/or by contacting us at any time).
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of our website without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our website you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held), known under the GDPR as a Subject Access Request (SAR). This data will be provided to you at no charge within 30 days. Please contact Us for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before We send the First-party Cookie to your device, you will initially be prompted with a pop-up banner requesting you to accept or decline Our cookie. If you decline, certain features of our website including for example your Training Profile page on Vidalico will not function correctly.
- A different cookie is used for each website, and visitors are not tracked across multiple sites.
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information may then be used to evaluate visitors' use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Us.
- To disable this type of cookie, some browsers will indicate when a cookie is being sent and allow you to decline cookies on a case-by-case basis. In addition to declining cookies, you can also install the Google Analytics Opt-out Add-on in your browser, which allows you to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics.
- We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to our website. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- Neither we nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
- We do encourage you to check this page from time to time for any changes. Your continued use of the Site following any changes made to the terms means you understand and accept these changes.
The data controller responsible for the purposes of the applicable data protection laws is:
Vidalico Consulting Ltd.
Rajatie 5 A 18
PRIVACY CONTACT: email@example.com