Strategies To Improve Your Social Media Presence and Increase Revenue
In regards to marketing, social media is probably the best thing that ever happened for businesses since the internet arrived. When Facebook was founded in 2004, nobody imagined the tremendous impact that it, alongside the other social platforms, would have on society.
Today, there are over 2.6 billion social media users worldwide, and that number is expected to reach over 3 billion by 2021. One can look at social media as a virtual central square where people of all ages are mingling and exchanging ideas. It makes it fertile ground for marketers to advertise their products and services in a way that was impossible until relatively recently. E-commerce companies that operate solely over the internet and social media are proof of that.
With this in mind, improving your social media presence is not so much a fad or a trend as it is a necessity. As the average person spends roughly two hours per day on social media (and rising), it would only make sense for marketers to devote much of their attention here, as well.
A strong social media presence will improve your customer service, and it will allow you to build your brand's reputation, communicate with potential customers, drive traffic to your website, and increase your revenue. Here are three strategies to achieve that.
Minimise Promotional Content while Focusing on Engagement
Known as the Pareto principle, or the 80/20 rule, this is a phenomenon that states just 20 percent of causes generate 80 percent of effects. This principle is found everywhere in nature, but it also applies to human activity, including business, economics, and social media marketing.
The best way to apply it, in this case, is to minimize your promotional content to about 20 percent while the remaining 80 percent should focus on engagement and communication with potential customers. Use various analytics tools to see which type of material has the highest performance rate. Work on creating more of that type of specific content.
Consistency is a crucial element in social media marketing. It is essential for your audience to be able to recognize your brand over the different social media platforms, and only by being consistent will you be able to achieve that. Social media consistency applies in pretty much everything you do on these platforms.
You will need to have a consistent voice, especially if you are speaking to a single generation. It is why it's important also to know your target audience. The content you post should also be consistent, relevant, and authentic, together with the frequency at which you post this content. Finally, take into account the aesthetics of it all. Your audience needs to be able to recognize you on all social channels.
Whenever a business embarks on social media, a specific goal is held in mind:customer care,engagement, lead generation, web traffic, feedback, or sales, among others; each has strategies and techniques to get there. It means when embarking on a social media marketing strategy, you will need to know what it is, precisely what you want to accomplish with it, before even starting.
Having a social media presence as a business in today's world is extremely important. People have gotten used to the fact that they can find pretty much everything online, meaning you will have a much harder time coming into contact with potential customers if you are not on social media.
WANT TO IMPROVE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE AND GENERATE MORE LEADS?
Let us help you. Download our free content calendar to help you plan and execute your content marketing. Need help with strategy creation and execution? Book a 15 minutes call with one of our digital strategists to help you find the right strategy for your business.